Kids' Savings Account
Kids' Stanford Savers Account
Help your child learn the importance of managing money and saving for a rainy day. Our Kids’ Stanford Savers Account has a low $1.00 opening deposit and no monthly fee. A parent or guardian is required as a joint account owner.
Free for children under age 13
- Minimum $1.00 deposit to open the account ($50 minimum balance to earn dividends at a variable rate)
- No monthly fee (an inactivity fee will be charged if there are no transactions in 12 consecutive months)
- Access funds through Online or Mobile Banking
- Set up payroll deductions or direct deposit to build your child’s savings faster
- Deposits are federally insured by the NCUA to at least $250,000 (Individual Retirement Accounts up to an additional $250,000)
Accounts for minors require a parent or guardian co-signer, and must be opened at a Stanford FCU branch, or the signed applicationopens PDF file must be sent by mail to P.O. Box 10690, Palo Alto, CA 94303-0843.
Learn more about Stanford FCU’s commitment to protecting the online privacy of children.
Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA)
Kids' Stanford Savers Account Rates
Scroll Right for More Data
|Account Description||Dividend Rate||Annual Percentage (APY)|
|Kids' Stanford Savers Account||0.10%||0.10%|
|Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA)||0.10%||0.10%|
Learn the financial basics about savings accounts with our Online Learning Modules.
*Consult a tax advisor. Dividends are compounded and paid monthly. Membership eligibility is required.