- UNLIMITED 3% cash-back on Stanford Bookstore purchases, 2% cash-back on dining purchases, and 1% for everything else (automatically credited to your account monthly)
- ONLY 5.00% APR and ZERO fees for 5 years*
- ZERO annual fee, no cash advance or balance transfer fees
- ZERO foreign transaction fees on purchases in other countries
- Monitor your free credit score quarterly in Online Banking and the mobile app (App Store | Google Play)
Visa® Student Platinum Cash Back Rewards Credit Card
Build your credit while in school with 5% APR* and no fees for 5 years—earn up to 3% cash back!
The Student Platinum Cash Back credit card is a safe and easy way to start building credit. Enjoy a low rate, NO fees, and 1% cash back for every dollar spent (3% for Stanford Bookstore purchases and 2% for restaurant and food delivery purchases!). The cash is credited back to your credit card account monthly. You must be a current student to apply.
- Manage your card with convenient online tools like text alerts, locking and unlocking your card, and more
- ID Navigator Powered by NortonLifeLock™ gives you access to smart tools to help protect against identity theft
- Fraud text alerts, tap and pay, and compatible with mobile wallets
- We’ll help you understand how to use your new card responsibly and provide financial education
- We make it easy to switch to a Stanford Alumni Rewards Visa® with a higher credit limit after you graduate!
Extra benefits for your card
The Student Platinum Cash Back card comes with helpful benefits like roadside dispatch, purchase security, lost luggage reimbursement and travel assistance.
Instant digital card
Shop online, set up subscriptions and add to your digital wallet before you get the plastic card!
Student Platinum Cash Back Rewards Credit Card Rates
Scroll Right for More Data
|Rate Information||Annual Percentage Rate for Purchase||Grace Period for Balances of Purchases||Annual Fee|
|5.00%||APR is fixed for the first 60 months||25 days||None|
|13.74% to 17.99%||After 60 months, the APR will vary with the market based on the prime rate||25 days||None|
Effective 5/2/23. Method of computing the balance of purchases: Average daily balance including new purchases.
Credit Card Education
Learn about credit cards and establishing good credit with our online learning modules.
You can also check your credit with a free credit report.
All credit cards are subject to credit approval and membership eligibility. Proof of student eligibility required. Applicant must be at least 18 years old. A U.S. address is required for membership. Rates are based on creditworthiness and other factors, and may be higher than the rate shown. Rates and terms subject to change without notice. APR=Annual Percentage Rate.