Not everyone has the budget to do a full home remodel, but if you own a fixer-upper or it’s time to freshen up your living space, there are a lot of inexpensive ways to update your home.
1) Replace home accessories – Accent pieces like scatter rugs, shower curtains, bathroom accessories, pillows, bedding, mirrors and pictures can completely transform a room.
2) Change curtains and blinds – Blinds with wide slats will provide your home with an updated, clean look, and they’re more durable than one-inch vinyl blinds.
3) Replace moulding and trim – Baseboard trim can make a big difference in modernizing your home, adding crown moulding and replacing dented doorway trim can also help make your home look updated.
4) Fake stainless steel appliances – You can buy contact paper with a stainless steel finish to peel and stick on your old appliances to make them look modern and new.
5) Replace hardware – Buy new doorknobs, cabinet handles and hinges. They’re inexpensive and easy to install.
6) Paint your walls – A fresh coat of paint can brighten an entire room or make cabinets look brand new. Removing old wallpaper and painting will also make a difference.